To provide state of the art veterinary education to the herpetological profession worldwide.
ARAV is a globally recognized leader promoting scientifically based responsible reptile and amphibian medicine and surgery, research, conservation, and pet ownership.
The purpose of the Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians (ARAV):
- Advance programs for preventative medicine, husbandry, and scientific research in the field of veterinary medicine dealing with reptiles and amphibians.
- Distribute scientific information relating to the field of husbandry, veterinary medicine and surgery of reptiles and amphibians through the Journal of Herpetological Medicine and Surgery, the official publication of the Association, and the Annual Conference of the Association.
- Promote the conservation and humane treatment of all reptilian and amphibian species through education, captive breeding and preservation of reptilian and amphibian habitats.
The Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians (ARAV) is committed to the highest ethical and professional standards of conduct in pursuit of its mission and objectives.Download Our Ethics Statement
BylawsDownload Our Bylaws
The Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians (ARAV) will become a globally recognized leader in veterinary education, conservation, and research by:
- Improving the domestic and international visibility of the association
- Continuing to improve and promote the Journal of Herpetological Medicine and Surgery
- Increasing membership value for all member types
- Utilizing technology to increase the efficacy of the association and member outreach
- Forming conservation initiatives aimed specifically at individual herpetological species and cooperation with conservation groups devoted to herpetological species