- This event has passed.
ARAV January VIN Round
January 14 @ 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Join La’Toya V. Latney, DVM, DECZM (Zoo Health Management), DABVP (Reptile & Amphibian), for Reptile Behavior and Cognition: Enhancing their Captive Well-Being.
Topic description: Monitor lizards can count to 6, can your cat do that? Did you know that you can really train your bearded dragon? You’d be surprised to know they enjoy games and your company. In this talk, we will review reptile behavior and the cognitive capabilities some of your beloved pets are known for in the wild.
- Attendees will become familiar with species-specific behaviors that allow reptiles to thrive in the wild.
- Attendees will understand the relevance of the definition of enrichment welfare and its contribution to welfare.
- Attendees will become familiar with animal cognition studies that reflect the range of cognitive abilities different reptile species display in controlled, captive environments.
- Attendees will become familiar with ways to develop an enrichment plan for captive reptiles that is tailored to their natural time budgets
- Attendees will understand the relevance of enabling a reptile’s ability to engage in and display species- specific behaviors, which improves their captive welfare.
The ARAV Rounds and Message Board will be powered by VIN, but you do NOT have to
be a VIN member to access them. If you have previously joined a VIN/ARAV or other VIN
Round please use that username and password to access this upcoming VIN Round.
If you are new to the VIN/ARAV Rounds you will receive a separate email from VIN with
instructions on creating/confirming your username and password. Once you have your
login information, you will be able to access the ARAV Rounds area here.
If you experience any trouble accessing the ARAV Rounds area, please contact VIN’s
customer service at email@example.com or call 800-700-4636 (M-F 8 AM to 5 PM PT) for
Please note that ARAV rounds take place outside of VIN’s customer service hours! Check
your access to https://www.vin.com/reptilevets prior to the event!