- This event has passed.
ARAV / VIN Round: REPTILE NEPHROLOGY: DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF RENAL DISEASE
May 5, 2022 @ 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Join Stephen Divers May 05, 2022 at 9:00 PM for his latest ARAV / VIN Round.
Speaker: Stephen Divers
AFTER A REVIEW OF REPTILE ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY, A CLINICALLY RELEVANT APPROACH TO RENAL DISEASE DIAGNOSIS IS COVERED INCLUDING CLINICOPATHOLOGY, IMAGING, BIOPSY AND FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENTS. DISEASE MANAGEMENT FOCUSES ON CORRECTING ELECTROLYTE AND METABOLIC DISTURBANCES AND NUTRITION.
- Attendees will become familiar with the clinically relevant and unique aspects of reptile renal anatomy and physiology
- Attendees will become familiar with the clinical presentation of renal disease
- Attendees will understand the approach to renal disease diagnosis through clinicopathology, imaging, biopsy and functional renal assessments
- Attendees will understand the basic approach to therapy and the commonly used drugs used to correct electrolyte and metabolic disturbances including hyperuricemia/uremia
- Attendees will appreciate the value of nutrition in trying to control hyperuricemia/uremia and hyperkalemia
Stephen Divers graduated from the Royal Veterinary College, London. He holds the Certificate and Diploma in Zoological Medicine from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS); Fellow and Recognized Specialist in Zoo & Wildlife Medicine of the RCVS; Diplomate of both the American and European Colleges of Zoological Medicine (Herp, Zoo Health Management); Professor at UGA; Co-editor of the third edition of Mader’s Reptile and Amphibian Medicine and Surgery.
The ARAV Rounds and Message Board will be powered by VIN, but you do NOT have to
be a VIN member to access them. If you have previously joined a VIN/ARAV or other VIN
Round please use that username and password to access this upcoming VIN Round.
If you are new to the VIN/ARAV Rounds you will receive a separate email from VIN with
instructions on creating/confirming your username and password. Once you have your
login information, you will be able to access the ARAV Rounds area here.
If you experience any trouble accessing the ARAV Rounds area, please contact VIN’s
customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-700-4636 (M-F 8 AM to 5 PM PT) for
Please note that ARAV rounds take place outside of VIN’s customer service hours! Check
your access to https://www.vin.com/reptilevets prior to the event!