2024 ARAV Conservation of Reptiles & Amphibians Grant
Objectives of the Conservation of Reptiles & Amphibians Grant include:
- To advance and support conservation of reptiles and amphibians locally, nationally and internationally
- To promote the conservation of all reptilian and amphibian species and their ecosystems through education, captive breeding and preservation of reptilian and amphibian habitats
The ARAV Conservation & Research Committee is proud to announce this new grant focused solely on the conservation and preservation of reptiles and amphibians. This grant is able to fund conservation based projects involving reptiles and/or amphibians with a focus on topics such as:
- Captive management, husbandry and propagation
- Wildlife management
- Ecosystem health
- Conservation education and outreach
- Water projects
Proposals will be evaluated based on scientific value, conservation relevance, and feasibility of proposal. Proposals submitted by ARAV members will be given priority. It is expected that the research should be completed in 12 months with semi-annual updates required.
Recipients of funding will be expected to either present their results at the ARAV annual conference or publish them in the Journal of Herpetological Medicine and Surgery (JHMS).
- Deadline for proposal submission is January 15, 2024.
- Funding decisions will be made by May 1, 2024.
The award will be valued at $1500.
Instructions for Proposal Submission
Please see our complete Conservation of Reptiles & Amphibians Grant Application for more information and submittal instructions.Download Our Grant Application