Become a member of a unique and active community dedicated to the medical treatment, surgery, and captive care of the growing reptile and amphibian pet population, captive collections, and conservation of their wild counterparts.
Benefits of an ARAV Membership
- Journal of Herpetological Medicine and Surgery – Access to a published journal that delves into veterinarian’s experiences, case reports, and original research in reptile and amphibian care.
- Find-A-Vet – Members enjoy more ready access to patrons who visit our website in search of a practitioner.
- Herp Blerp – The Herp Blerp is our monthly electronic newsletter that keeps members up to date with information and announcements regarding the conservation, care, and academic efforts and opportunities in Herpetology.
- ARAV Annual Conferences (ExoticsCon & ICARE) – At these Conferences ARAV brings together the best of the best in the veterinary field to network and learn from each other. As an ARAV member you will enjoy reduced registration to both, ExoticsCon and ICARE Conferences! Special Note: The ICARE conference is held every other year in Europe.
- ARAV Members-Only Facebook Group – Our transnational members-only Facebook group allows you special access to engage with reptile and amphibian experts. Instantly ask questions and share in discussions with colleagues around the world.
- ARAV members-only website – Log in at ARAV.org to access client brochures for popular species on “Care in Captivity,” ARAV publication lists, ARAV power point presentations, and a special library including all the past conference proceeding publications.