Advance and develop state of the art resources for our members to improve the health of reptiles and amphibians.
ARAV is a globally recognized leader promoting scientifically based responsible reptile and amphibian medicine and surgery, research, conservation, and pet ownership.
The purpose of the Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians (ARAV):
- Advance programs for preventative medicine, husbandry, and scientific research in the field of veterinary medicine dealing with reptiles and amphibians.
- Distribute scientific information relating to the field of husbandry, veterinary medicine and surgery of reptiles and amphibians through the Journal of Herpetological Medicine and Surgery, the official publication of the Association, and the Annual Conference of the Association.
- Promote the conservation and humane treatment of all reptilian and amphibian species through education, captive breeding and preservation of reptilian and amphibian habitats.
The Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians (ARAV) is committed to the highest ethical and professional standards of conduct in pursuit of its mission and objectives.Download Our Ethics Statement
BylawsDownload Our Bylaws
The Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians (ARAV) will become a globally recognized leader in veterinary education, conservation, and research by:
- Providing a strong member value for all member types
- Increasing global engagement
- Focusing on membership growth
- Increasing conservation and research support